© 2018 All rights reserved.
Transcripts & Degrees
General Degree Requirements
Students entering the programs are required to hold a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a foreign country (in some cases, this is a three-year degree).
If you submit your application prior to the conferral of your bachelor's degree or equivalent, we will accept and evaluate your application. This will not delay the evaluation of your application. If an offer of admission is made, it will be contingent upon the conferral of degree, either prior to enrollment or no later than the start of the Fall term in Shanghai.
Transcript Requirements for the Online Application
There are three options for submitting an unofficial transcript via the online application:
- Upload a scanned copy
- Complete and upload the Self-Reported Transcript Form
- Upload a WES report
It is strongly recommended that you use your official transcript as a reference when submitting a self-reported transcript. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission at any time, prior to or after enrolling, if there is any discrepancy between the scanned/self-reported transcript and the official transcript.
- If your original transcript is not in English, you must use the Self-Reported Transcript Form.
- If the submitted transcript(s) and/or official supporting document(s) do not include your cumulative GPA/GPA or the institute grading system and/or GPA scale, you are required to submit post-secondary credentials to World Education Services, Inc.(WES), for a course-bycourse evaluation for admission consideration, and the report should be included in your application. The admissions committee reserves the right to decide on requesting such report based on a case by case basis.
- If you received your bachelor degree from a dual degree program, you are required to submit transcripts from all relevant universities
Instructions for Using the Self-Reported Transcript Form
- List the name and course number of each course exactly as it appears on your official transcript. If your transcript is not in English, provide an accurate English translation of the course title.
- List the grade or mark for each course exactly as it appears on your official transcript. Do not reinterpret grades or convert grades to a different scale.
- Include courses taken that do not contribute to your overall score/grade (e.g. classes that were dropped, withdrawn from, incomplete, taken pass/fail, taken more than once, etc.)
- Carefully match the courses taken with the appropriate semester/term dates, exactly as they appear on your official transcript. Include terms for any summer, winter, transfer, exchange, or study abroad courses.
- If you are in the process of completing a degree, please include the names of any courses in which you are currently enrolled and note them as "in progress."
Please upload the required supporting documents for your academic and/or professional qualifications including transcripts with cumulative GPA, explanations of the GPA grading system, showing the maximum GPA obtainable (e.g. A=4.0) if a 100-mark system is not adopted before submitting your application.
If the submitted transcript(s) and/or official supporting document(s) doesn’t include the cumulative GPA/GPA or grading system and/or GPA scale, you are required to submit post-secondary credentials to World Education Services, Inc. (WES), a third-party verification agency for a course-by-course evaluation for admission consideration. The admissions committee reserves the right to decide on requesting such report based on a case by case basis.
Instructions for Uploading WES report
Please select the WES basic course-by-course evaluation (with GPA and course-levels) and request to have WES send your evaluation to NYU Shanghai. The school can be found by searching New York University and then selecting "Graduate Admissions - NYU Shanghai".
In order for this to be received by the application deadline listed above, we recommend you submit your transcript to be reviewed by WES no later than one month prior to the application deadline.
Official Transcript Requirement for Enrollment
Admitted students are required to provide an official copy of all academic transcripts and proof of their degree conferral prior to enrollment. If a degree has been earned at the time of enrollment, an attested copy of the official degree certificate must be submitted. If the degree certificate is not yet available, an attested copy of the official provisional degree will be accepted for admission purpose only. Instructions are communicated upon admission.