Transcripts & Degrees

General Degree Requirements

Students entering the programs are required to hold a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a foreign country (in some cases, this is a three-year degree).

If you submit your application prior to the conferral of your bachelor's degree or equivalent, we will accept and evaluate your application. This will not delay the evaluation of your application. If an offer of admission is made, it will be contingent upon the conferral of degree, either prior to enrollment ​or no later than the start of the Fall term in Shanghai.

Transcript Requirements for the Online Application

There are two options for submitting an unofficial transcript via the online application:

  • Upload a scanned copy
  • Complete and upload the Self-Reported Transcript Form

It is strongly recommended that you use your official transcript as a reference when submitting a self-reported transcript. The Admissions Committee reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission at any time, prior to or after enrolling, if there is any discrepancy between the scanned/self-reported transcript and the official transcript.

If your original transcript is not in English, you must use the Self-Reported Transcript Form.

Instructions for Using the Self-Reported Transcript Form

  • List the name and course number of each course exactly as it appears on your official transcript. If your transcript is not in English, provide an accurate English translation of the course title.
  • List the grade or mark for each course exactly as it appears on your official transcript. Do not reinterpret grades or convert grades to a different scale.
  • Include courses taken that do not contribute to your overall score/grade (e.g. classes that were dropped, withdrawn from, incomplete, taken pass/fail, taken more than once, etc.)
  • Carefully match the courses taken with the appropriate semester/term dates, exactly as they appear on your official transcript. Include terms for any summer, winter, transfer, exchange, or study abroad courses.
  • If you are in the process of completing a degree, please include the names of any courses in which you are currently enrolled and note them as "in progress."

Official Transcript Requirement for Enrollment

Admitted students are required to provide an official copy of all academic transcripts and proof of their degree conferral prior to enrollment. If a degree has been earned at the time of enrollment, an attested copy of the official degree certificate must be submitted. If the degree certificate is not yet available, an attested copy of the official provisional degree will be accepted for admission purpose only. Instructions are communicated upon admission.

Do not send official transcripts unless instructed to do so.