Tuition & Financial Aid

Tuition & Cost of Attendance 

2022-2023 Budget CHN/TW/HK/MC Student Non-CHN/TW/HK/MC Student 
Tuition $62,208 $62,208
Registration and Services Fees $4,232 $4,232
Orientation Fee $400 $400
Health Insurance $1,216 $2,685
Books & Course Materials $1,500 $1,500
Total $69,556 $71,025
Estimated Living Expenses*:
Room $17,628
Board (Meals) $6,088
Transportation $2,556
Supplies & Other Expenses $2,110

* Certain living expenses, such as room & board, transportation (e.g., travel to/from the New York City and Shanghai semesters), and supplies & other expenses, are costs you may incur during the program, which will vary for each student.

The Board of Trustees of New York University reserves the right to alter the schedule of fees without notice.

Merit-based Scholarships

All applicants (domestic and international) are considered for merit-based scholarships. No additional materials are required to be considered. Scholarship decisions are made at the time of admission and are included in your official admission letter. All scholarship decisions are final.

CFA Scholarship

MS in Quantitative Finance program has been approved to participate in the CFA University Affiliation Program (UAP). Enrolled students from the MS in Quantitative Finance program can apply for the CFA Scholarship. More information about the scholarship, including application instructions and deadlines, will be provided to enrolled students during the program orientation.  

Deferred payment plan

This plan allows you to pay a percentage of the net balance due for the semester by the payment deadline, and defer the remaining amount to be paid later in the term. For more information, please check here.

US Student Loans

Students who wish to use US financial aid may be eligible for federal and/or private student loans. Federal loans consist of funding provided by the government to domestic students (U.S. citizens and permanent residents only). To apply, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please visit for details.

Private loans are non-federal loans that are offered through lenders such as banks or credit unions. Most private lenders require non-U.S. citizens and permanent residents to apply with a U.S.-based co-signer.

For more information on federal loan programs and private loans for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, please email the Graduate Admissions Office: